Tuesday 16 March 2010

Back again ... List #1 (and possibly the last)

My dear friend Katie has been doing blog posts that comprise of lists. Today's was a list of the contents of her purse (handbag). I decided mine could trump hers big style so here goes...

1. My sparkly coins purse (wallet) from Mum and Dad this Christmas. Useful on the days when a big purse gets in the way.

2. Brown leather day to day purse for cards and cash. A loan from my beautiful housie Zoe after my beloved red spotty Cath Kidston one was stolen last month. Still hunting for the perfect new one.

3. iPod and headphones. My headphones are blue because a) I killed the original ones and b) it makes me different.

4. USB Stick. For all those office to home to other office transfers when the internet doesn't cut it.

5. Cocoa body butter - I hate dry hands.

6. Mango and Papaya body butter - still hate dry skin and 2 christmasses ago I got enough to last me a lifetime!

7. Moleskin black diary - It tells me where I need to be when and much more! In a crazy community job I would be lost without it.

8. Pen assortment. Currently I have 6 of them, in 3 colours. 1 fountain pen, 2 roller balls, 1 fibre tip and 2 biros. The pink one is my favourite.

9. Mascara. An old one for absolute emergencie although I would rarely be able to find it.

10. Aloe vera vaseline. I love the stuff. So much so that there are currently two packs as when my stolen bag was being fingerprint tested I bought a replacement and now new and old are both in there.

11. Tropicana OJ. Gotta get some vitamins in me on the run.

12. Work mobile. Thankfully it doesn't go off too often!

13. Church notes. The itinerary of what is going on at the church all week.

14. Paracetamol and ibuprofen. For the days when nothing else will kick my headache and the children at work are still making noise.

15. Softmints. Because I like them.

16. Sellotape. I don't know why.

17. Nine hair ties. I was wondering where they had all gone.

18. 3 copies of the kids thoughts, visions, pictures and words from God in our Bible Study session tonight.

19. 4 Mint Candy rock sweets. The last from Rebecca as part of my 'Thanks for taking Oscar whilst Iris was born' present.

20. Glasses. I get a bit blind looking into the distance for too long, particulalry later in the day. And at work. They help me.

21. A tube of bobby pins. My hair can be uncontrollable!

22. Tictacs. Minty fresh and just two calories.

23. A tupperware of Special K that I had most of for lunch today.

24. An apple. Been meaning to eat that for days.

25. Sunglasses made fully of plastic. Great for sliding onto head when the sun goes in.

26. Sunglasses with metal frames and nose pieces. Not so cool for the hair but much cooler on the face.

27. Cuticura lemon hand sanitizer. I work with kids. Enough said.

28. Packet of mini eggs. Easter is coming. Mini sugar supply in hectic schedule.

29. Personal mobile. I'm pretty attached to it. Slightly addicted.

30. Comb. Must have in British weather.

31. Envelope of photo CDs. Must remember to take them back to work and leave them there tomorrow.

32. Mini Cadbury's Caramel Eggs. Treats for a well behaved small person in my car. They squash too easily at the bottm of a bag though.

33. Gaviscon. Every stomach acid sufferer's best friend. A small tub of 60 minty tablets.

34. My Bible. A source of strength and support. A reference for my life. The Truth. It goes everywhere with me.

So ... 34 items. That's insane. I'm gonna try and travel lighter in future!

Katie my love, I hope this makes you proud.

Goodnight. xxx

No comments: