Monday 23 June 2008

5 days Katie 5 days

It's 5 days until my gorgeous housemate Katie's big day over in Texas. I can't believe it to be honest. That she will be married so soon but also that I'm not able to be there due to the boredom of financial restrictions etc. I hate money! So what do I desire for my lovely housie of old?

I saw the photos of her in her wedding shoot and man - beauty is beyond the description of her appearance. I am so proud of her - to be taking this awesome step of faith in the knowledge that they are combining their lives in front of their Lord and family and friends. It is massively exciting and I am so pleased for her but it's so strange to think that she's not here anymore. Jeremiah is one very very lucky man!!

In a bid to sound too corny I want to let her know what memories I have of those months in Oxford we had together:
Sitting on my bed chatting until 2am (regularly)
Spending time worshipping at St. Aldates together
Celebrating my birthday at the Aldates ball and my party
Enjoying many meals together on the sofas, on my bed and the freakish realisation that my cooking skills are all too similar to my mother's!
Winding Jeremiah up on skype
Having thanksgiving with the ACU kids
Having the fall semester kids over to ours for a party
Going to the cinema, singing in the car park, eating Ben and Jerrys and the rest that night
Celebrating the achievement of getting essays in on time
Taking care of me whilst the world was spinning and my stomach tried to die
Going to Suffolk and just goofing and chilling
Oh I can't remember them all ...

So on the morning of your wedding when you know in your heart of hearts it's what you're meant to be doing but you have those excitable nerves within you think of me - being harsh in love and 'blunt beyond necessity' and then you'll remember all the things you are truly aware of in your heart.

So as you approach the biggest day of your life Katie, I'm sorry I'm not there - come get married again over here for me! As I fall asleep on saturday I'll be wishing there was a webcam staring right at you and Jeremiah so we over here could be a part of it. It's going to be amazing - I expect to see thousands of photos.

Love lots,

Lizi x

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, my lovely Diz. I'm crying reading this. I miss you. And I love you so much. Thank you.

Dizi said...

Haha I got you - all that sentimental stuff hehe! x