Thursday 31 July 2008

Faithful

God is so so faithful.

I can't believe that a week ago I was sat here at this very computer freaking out over a chapter of my dissertation.

I can't believe that this time 6 days ago I emailed my dissertation to my supervisor.

I can't believe that this time 5 days ago I got it printed and bound so I could have a copy to remind me of the 'fun' I had completing it.

Since those days have gone I've been learning a little of what it is to enjoy myself. Friday night was my leaving party for Starbucks, saturday was Coxy's wedding reception and a reunion for all the sport and coaching kids among us again. Sunday I went to church in the morning and the evening was bliss, sitting in a sunkissed garden with pimms and salad in hand, chatting to Chelsea. Monday I went to work and then chilled all afternoon. Tuesday was spent having a quiet day of relaxation and book reading too before wednesday.

Wednesday was beautiful! I saw my family - my lovely brother, sister-in-law and nephew and it was joyous! I love going to theirs, they only live about 40 mins away and it's great!!! We went for cake and tea, bought Jenny's flowers and then chilled at home. Jonathan has grown so so much and it's mad!!!

Then in the evening I cruised over to Marlow in my littel car to have supper at Jenny's (our head of department at uni) which was totally lovely, and then due to being 100% wiped out, crashed there for the evening before heading back to Oxford. It was really strange going to hers knowing we're no longer her students any more. I didn't like it - change it weird!!

Then on thursday after coming back from Jenny's at silly o'clock in the morning I went back to bed for a nap, waking up at about 10, ready to go and deliver Mark's thank you present by 11. Again, another really strange moment in my life where I realised just how much this uni has meant to me over the past 3 years and how influential some of these lecturers have been. They are a constant source of support and I'm completely overwhelmed at the prospect of not being in that department, in that uni for the next year of my life. They have been incredible through the ups and the downs - the illness, loss of friends, car accidents, more illness - just incredibly loving and supportive people who sometimes remind you of how great you can be even when you doubt it! It just seems so final even though I'm sure dropping by will happen eventually as I'm still in Oxford but leaving those offices for 'the last time', I got genuinely emotional!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't like it - noticing a theme?

So now it's time to get ready for my last ever shift at Starbucks and then begin on packing up my entire house to move out. I genuinely hate change so flinging all the constants into one finishing pot may not have been my best idea but here goes for nothing. Wish me luck, pray for me please as I move into the new and try and relax with some proper down time before I go on to do S.O.M. I know god will be faithful again to help me through the crazy life I am trying to lead and I hope He helps me to learn what it is to 'relax' again - I think it's been a few years to say the least!

More of an update heading your way soon!

Love, Dizi x

1 comment:

Katie said...

He is faithful. And change is tough, but He 'never lets go' of us through it all. (Still think of you and of Jay's northern accent every time I hear that song.)

Love you Diz! xxx